Black Shark 4 Pro review: Gaming flagship killernshospitalar
At the back a small Black Shark 4 logo can be seen being enveloped by an X pattern that gives off a metallic gradient that seems to move when you tilt it. It’s slightly reflective and dark so even though the device is indeed a fingerprint magnet, it was hard to notice them. I suggest you wait three hours for the update to settle and then restart your phone. Is your Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro overheating after the recent update? When you use Mobile Data, it gets worse, and when you use Mobile Data when the signals are weak, it gets worst for your phone to manage heat. Suppose you don’t see any new updates, backup your data and do a factory reset. Firmware is the software that runs on Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro.
With good lighting, stills have a decent amount of detail, vibrant colours and great dynamic range, making it a good snapper for everyday shots. It’s also just as smooth when scrolling through Instagram, using the camera and just about anything else, as you might expect.
The Black Shark 4 Pro squeezes every last drop of potential out of last year’s components, pairing them with 120W charging and physical shoulder buttons, to make a decent budget gaming phone. But there are too many problems and an extremely creepy assistant app, to make it worthwhile. JOYUI 12.5 all the best features of MIUI 12.5 such as an app drawer, extensive theming options, customizable Always-On Display, floating windows, and privacy features that give you more control. You can switch between 60Hz, 90Hz, and 144Hz screen refresh this rates and change the display's color scheme and temperature manually.
- Furthermore, since the Xiaomi community officially releases the driver, it’s 100% safe & secure to use on the Computer.
- I used to think gaming phones were more of a gimmick without any noticeable benefits compared to their non-gaming variants.
- At 163.93mm long, 76.35mm wide, and 9.9mm thick, it’s a slim phone that fits nicely in your hand and pocket.
- That would be remarkable progress and is faster than the claimed speed of Oppo's 125W flash charge tech that was announced in summer 2020.
- Smartphones today come with a wealth of sensors to facilitate a better user experience.
Since the phone doesn't have a cooling vent or any unusual openings, it would have been relatively easy for Xiaomi to incorporate it. Xiaomi's gaming sub-brand Black Shark has put out a slew of fantastic gaming phones in the past. Adopting the parent company's eye view, Black Shark phones usually bundle heavy-duty gear with lower mid-range price tags. The Black Shark 4 Pro is a beefed-up version of the regular Black Shark 4, bumping up the key specs of its mega affordable sibling. While yes, the bottom middle is the most obvious and commonplace for the port, charging the phone and gaming at the same time can be very awkward, causing your hand to cramp as you try to hold and play around it. Moving the port to say the middle left or right side would have been a unique feature and way for a gaming phone such as this to distinguish itself from a “traditional phone”. Between all that, you have a 4500mAh battery that supports 120W charging (and that's not a typo), whcih can charge the phone to full in less than 17 minutes.
- However, areas or spots with little to no light lack detail, and the overall image appears to be grey and contrasty as opposed to the actual warm shades.
- Shark Space is the dedicated gaming centre of the Black Shark series.
- JOYUI 12.5/MIUI 12.5 continued improving the finer details, the end result being a considerably lighter and smoother interface.
- But there are too many problems and an extremely creepy assistant app, to make it worthwhile.
- Other details on the phone are scarce, but being a gamer phone we can be sure a few staple features will be there.
Based out of Stockport, England, on TechRadar you'll find him covering news, features and reviews, particularly for phones, tablets and wearables. You need wireless charging